IASB Update June 2020
This IASB Update highlights preliminary decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set out in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met remotely on 23–25 June 2020.
The topics, in order of discussion, were as follows:
- Maintenance and consistent application
- Disclosure Initiative—Accounting Policies
- Disclosure Initiative—Targeted Standards-level Review of Disclosures
- Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current
- Extractive Activities
- IBOR Reform and its Effects on Financial Reporting—Phase 2
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.