Action Alert No. 06-35
August 31, 2006
NOTICE OF MEETINGS
OPEN BOARD MEETING
(Board meetings are available by audio webcast and telephone.)
Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 9:00 a.m.
- Derivative disclosures (estimated 1-hour discussion). The Board will discuss various disclosure issues, including the form and content of the tables summarizing an entity's use of derivatives; proposed modifications to FASB Statement No. 133, Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities, resulting from proposed enhanced disclosures; and effective date and transition of a proposed Statement. The Board also will discuss whether the scope of the project should include financial statement presentation and classification in addition to disclosures.
- Fair value option (estimated 2-hour discussion). The Board will continue its redeliberations of the proposed guidance in the FASB Exposure Draft, The Fair Value Option for Financial Assets and Financial Liabilities, and discuss numerous issues raised by respondents to the Exposure Draft.
- Open discussion. If necessary, the Board will allow time to discuss minor issues with staff members on technical projects or administrative matters. Those discussions are held following regular Board meetings as topics come up.
OPEN EDUCATION SESSION
Wednesday, September 6, 2006, following the Board meeting
The Board will hold an educational, non-decision-making session to discuss topics that are anticipated to be discussed at the September 13, 2006 Board meeting. Those topics will be posted to the FASB calendar four days prior to the education session.
OPEN MEETING OF THE EMERGING ISSUES TASK FORCE
(This meeting is available by audio webcast and telephone.)
Thursday, September 7, 2006, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Task Force plans to discuss all of the following issues in the order shown:
- Issue No. 06-5, "Accounting for Purchases of Life Insurance—Determining the Amount That Could Be Realized in Accordance with FASB Technical Bulletin No. 85-4"
- Issue No. 06-6, "Debtor's Accounting for a Modification (or Exchange) of Convertible Debt Instruments"
- Issue No. 06-7, "Accounting for a Previously Bifurcated Conversion Option in a Convertible Debt Instrument When the Conversion Option No Longer Meets the Bifurcation Criteria in FASB Statement No. 133"
- Issue No. 06-4, "Accounting for Deferred Compensation and Postretirement Benefit Aspects of Endorsement Split-Dollar Life Insurance Arrangements"
- Issue No. 06-8, "Applicability of the Assessment of a Buyer's Continuing Investment under FASB Statement No. 66 for Sales of Condominiums"
- Issue No. 06-1, "Accounting for Consideration Given by a Service Provider to Manufacturers or Resellers of Equipment Necessary for an End-Customer to Receive Service from the Service Provider"
- Issue No. 06-9, "Reporting a Change in (or the Elimination of) a Previously Existing Difference between the Fiscal Year-End of a Parent Company and That of a Consolidated Subsidiary or an Equity Method Investee."
No Board meetings were held during the week of August 21, 2006.
FUTURE OPEN MEETINGS
The following is a list of open meetings tentatively scheduled through October. Because schedules may change, please check the FASB calendar before finalizing your plans. Revisions to this list since the last issue of Action Alert are highlighted in bold.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006Liaison Meeting with the AICPA Accounting Standards Executive Committee
Wednesday, September 13, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 13, 2006FASB Education Session
Tuesday, September 19, 2006Liaison Meeting with Institute of Management Accountants
Wednesday, September 20, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 20, 2006FASB Education Session
Thursday, September 21, 2006Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council Meeting
Wednesday, September 27, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 27, 2006FASB Education Session
Friday, September 29, 2006Liaison Meeting with the AICPA PCPS Technical Issues Committee
Tuesday, October 3, 2006User Advisory Council Meeting, New York City
Wednesday, October 4, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 4, 2006FASB Education Session
Wednesday, October 11, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 11, 2006FASB Education Session
Tuesday, October 17, 2006Liaison Meeting with CFA Institute
Wednesday, October 18, 2006FASB Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 18, 2006FASB Education Session
Monday, October 23, 2006FASB/IASB Joint Board Meeting, Norwalk, CT
Tuesday, October 24, 2006FASB/IASB Joint Board Meeting, Norwalk, CT