This IASB Update highlights preliminary
decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The
Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set forth in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met on Tuesday 12 to Thursday 14 March 2019 at the IFRS Foundation's offices in London.
The topics, in order of discussion, were:
- Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- SMEs that are subsidiaries
- SME Standard review and update
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
- Business Combinations under Common Control
- Extractive Activities
- Primary Financial Statements
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Disclosure Initiative
- IBOR Reform and the Effects on Financial Reporting
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.
Click here to access the IASB March 2019 Update on the IFRS site.