This IASB Update highlights preliminary
decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The
Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set forth in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met on Tuesday 22 until Thursday 24 October 2019 at the IFRS Foundation's offices in London.
The topics, in order of discussion, were:
- Implementation matters
- Business Combinations under Common Control
- Management Commentary
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- IBOR Reform and the Effects on Financial Reporting
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
- Dynamic Risk Management
- SME Standard Review and Update
- Subsidiaries that are SMEs
- Accounting Policies and Accounting Estimates (Amendments to IAS 8)
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.
Click here to access the IASB October 2019 Update on the IFRS site.