This IASB Update highlights preliminary
decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The
Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set forth in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met on Tuesday 24 until Thursday 26 September 2019 at the IFRS Foundation's offices in London.
The topics, in order of discussion, were:
- Agenda Consultation
- Research Programme
- Implementation Matters-Onerous Contracts
- Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- Business Combinations under Common Control
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
- Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Rate-regulated Activities
- Management Commentary
- Disclosure Initiative
- Primary Financial Statements
- SME Standard review and update
- Subsidiaries that are SMEs
- Extractive Activities
- Post-implementation review of IFRS 10, IFRS 11 and IFRS 12
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.
Click here to access the IASB September 2019 Update on the IFRS site.