IASB Update May 2020
This IASB Update highlights preliminary decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set out in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met remotely on 20–21 May 2020.
The topics, in order of discussion, were as follows:
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Management Commentary
- Research programme update
- Maintenance and consistent application
- IBOR Reform and the Effects on Financial Reporting—Phase 2
- Disclosure Initiative—Accounting Policies
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.