IASB Update April 2020
This IASB Update highlights preliminary decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set out in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met remotely on 21–23 April 2020.
The topics, in order of discussion, were as follows:
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
- Post-implementation Reviews of IFRS 10, IFRS 11 and IFRS 12
- Maintenance and consistent application
- Management Commentary
- Review of the IFRS for SMEs Standard
- Disclosure Initiative—Subsidiaries that are SMEs
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.