IASB Update January 2020
This IASB Update highlights preliminary decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set forth in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met on 28-30 January 2020 at the IFRS Foundation's offices in London.
The topics, in order of discussion, were:
- Subsidiaries that are SMEs
- Business Combinations under Common Control
- Pensions Benefits that Depend on Asset Returns
- Implementation matters
- Disclosure Initiative—Targeted Standards-level Review of Disclosures
- Updating a Reference to the Conceptual Framework (Amendments to IFRS 3)
- Research programme update
- Rate-regulated Activities
- IBOR Reform and its Effects on Financial Reporting—Phase 2
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- IFRS Taxonomy Update—Interest Rate Benchmark Reform (Amendments to IFRS 9, IAS 39 and IFRS 7)
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.