IASB Update February 2020
This IASB Update highlights preliminary decisions of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board). The Board's final decisions on IFRS® Standards, Amendments and IFRIC® Interpretations are formally balloted as set out in the Due Process Handbook of the IFRS Foundation and the IFRS Interpretation Committee.
The Board met on 25-27 February 2020 at the IFRS Foundation's offices in London.
The topics, in order of discussion, were:
- Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- IBOR Reform and the Effects on Financial Reporting—Phase 2
- Disclosure Initiative—Targeted Standards-level Review of Disclosures
- Disclosure Initiative—Accounting Policies
- Maintenance and consistent application
- Business Combinations under Common Control
Click here to access IASPlus for an overview which summarises the staff recommendations and Board decisions.