GASB Issues Proposed Implementation Guide
January 4, 2019
The GASB has issued a proposed implementation guide, Fiduciary Activities, which contains Q&As related to GASB Statement 84 (issued in January 2017).
Topics addressed in the proposed guide’s Q&As include:
- Identifying fiduciary activities.
- Reporting fiduciary activities in fiduciary funds.
- Statement of fiduciary net position.
- Statement of changes in fiduciary net position.
- Reporting fiduciary component units.
In addition, the proposed guide would amend certain Q&As from previously issued implementation guides.
Comments on the proposed implementation guide are due by February 28, 2019. For more information, see the proposed guide on the GASB’s Web site.