Welcome to Quarterly Accounting Roundup: Year in Review — 2019. Notable standards issued by the FASB in 2019 include Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) that:
- Change some effective dates for certain new accounting standards, including those on hedging (ASU 2017-121), leases (ASU 2016-022), credit losses (ASU 2016-133), goodwill impairment testing (ASU 2017-044), and long-duration insurance contracts (ASU 2018-125).
- Revise certain aspects of the FASB’s new credit losses standard.
- Clarify certain aspects of the accounting for credit losses, hedging activities, and financial instruments.
- Make Codification improvements to the Board’s new leasing standard.
- Clarify the accounting for share-based payments issued as sales incentives to customers.
- Extend certain private-company alternatives to not-for-profit entities.
FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2017-12, Targeted Improvements to Accounting for Hedging Activities.
FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-02, Leases.
FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-13, Measurement of Credit Losses on Financial Instruments.
FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2017-04, Simplifying the Test for Goodwill Impairment.
FASB Accounting Standards Update No. 2018-12, Targeted Improvements to the Accounting for Long-Duration Contracts.